I still haven’t realized what’s happening!
Am I off for a trip around the world or for a long weekend at the nearest beach? I feel closer to the second option. I remember telling to Thanos and to other friends that the last night before I leave, I won’t make it to sleep due to all the excitement and stress. What actually happened is that I didn’t hear the alarm clock and I was late for my farewell party!
My friends who came to wish me luck, had to wait for about half an hour for me to get ready. Probably, even I cannot believe that I’m leaving! It’s 11.30 and I find myself on my Vespa trying to get out of Thessaloniki to the highway. I’ve just left behind my parents, my brother and some good friends and I’m carrying with me what I think necessary for my round the world trip:
- Plenty of toilet paper
- My mother’s cheese and sausage pies
- 2-stroke oil
- Some tools
- Some spare parts
- 3 t-shirts
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 pair of swimming shorts
- Sleeping bag
- Gas stove
- Cooking pot and cutlery
- Extra fuel
Support our trip
Even 1€ helps us stay on the road for longer and share more stories!
Make a contribution
If you like our stories, our photos & videos, you can help us continue...JOIN THE WORLDVESPA CREW!
I took the highway from Thessaloniki and after I payed a ridiculously high amount of money on tolls, I got to Igoumenitsa (where I’d take the ferry boat to Italy). I was driving with only 70km/h, but my mind was flying with a speed way higher than this. Somewhere after the city of Ioannina,
I met with Thanos who had come with his friends. They all laughed to tears when they saw me with my action cameras, my GPS and all the gadgets I was carrying. We said goodbye to Thanos’ friends and left for the port of Igoumenitsa. As we arrived too early, we had all the time to dine in one of the restaurants of the town and prepare ourselves for the very first part of the trip.
- The toll rates in Greece are ridiculously expensive for the quality of the road services.
- The fuel consumption of my PX200 was more than satisfactory (4lt/100km)
- The employee at the cafeteria of the ferry boat woke us up, telling us that it is strictly forbidden to sleep on the cafeteria’s couches
- We easily covered 350kms on the Vespas
- SOLO travel RECORD times & EXPLOSIVE tires (video) 22/12/2021
- Buenos Aires on our Vespa (video) 29/06/2021
- Back to the famous Carretera Austral, at least for a while 24/03/2021
- Argentina: Parks, rivers, lakes and a sudden u-turn 13/02/2021
- The most surreal day of our journey! (Chile) 24/01/2021