The inevitable has come: Kitsos must go to the doctor!
After almost 30,000km around South America and three years of waiting and posing as a museum exhibit at the Scooteria Paulista in Sao Paulo, Kitsos is about to take us around South and Central America! However, in order to prepare him to hit the road again and travel safely and smoothly, we had to get him to the garage of Scooterboys for three days...
Here's the list with all the parts we had to repair / replace / add:
- new shock absorbers (front & rear)
- new engine gaskets
- new engine bearings
- new oil pump gear
- new piston
- new fuel & oil hoses
- new gear & clutch cables
- new clutch (and clutch disks)
- new exhaust
- new cruciform
- added an LED light on the front fender
- cleaned the inside of the tanks (fuel & oil tank)
- new connecting rod
- cleaned the carburetor
- repaired the primary drive
- cleaned the cylinder-head
- changed the gearbox oil
- new spark plug
- new tires and inner tubes
The total cost for repairing, replacing and placing all the above was almost 500 Euros, including the connecting rod and some bearings, not including the rest of the spare parts, the tyres and the inner tubes.
Like, comment, share and don’t forget to subscribe to our youtube channel if you want to see more videos!
South America here we come!!!
- Preparing our Vespa for South America vol.II (video) 06/02/2019
- Outdoor stuff (video) 05/01/2019
- Our UK Trip (video) 01/10/2018
- Rice & Dirt (the book) 28/09/2018
- Alexandra’s interview at LiveTrip Traveller 02/11/2017